Dollar

Dollar
In Memory of Cee Kay Sash "Dollar" June 7, 1992 - June 8, 2012

Friday, February 25, 2011

Quick Ride And Possibly The Last.......

Got the barn early again this morning to help clean then once we were done (around 11), I headed outside to grab the hairy beast and get another work-out done. Gave him a quick grooming and then tacked him up and headed into the arena. Got him warmed up with lots of walking and stretching out his neck, just asking him to collect and then release and repeat. Once we was good with that, I moved him into a trot and basically kept him to that pace for the rest of our work-out. We did a lot of work on keeping collected to work on his top line. We even managed to get an extended trot out of him!
Photobucket
Dollar in pasture enjoying his breakfast

Once we had gone both ways, I asked him for a canter. And I realized that if I really sat the canter and asked him to be collected, he started raising his shoulders more and started getting more up in his canter. Yeah!

After doing that both ways (and realizing that we were both out of breath,) I brought him down to a walk and cooled ourselves down. After walking around for a while, I hopped off of him, (it'd been close to an hour already) and decided top put him away.

Untacked him and then let him in the arena again so that he could roll, and roll he did. Once he was all good to go, I brought him back outside and headed home myself.

Little did I know that this was the last time that I'd work-out my Old Man for a very long time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment