Dollar

Dollar
In Memory of Cee Kay Sash "Dollar" June 7, 1992 - June 8, 2012

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Serious Work-Out Time

OK, so this morning was pretty foggy and frosty. Sheesh, I had thought that we were getting closer to spring, not going back into winter!! Aahh!! And even with it foggy and frosty outside, I decided to head down to the barn today to go ride the Old Man.

Got to the barn around 10 and headed outside to grab Dollar. Wow, could barely see the pens from the back of the barn, it was that foggy/frosty. I managed to make my way into Dollar's pasture and grab him from there, all the meanwhile taking photos of my very frosty pony!!

Photobucket
The outside pens this morning

Photobucket
Finding the horses in the fog

Photobucket
Frosty pony!!

Photobucket
Yup, full of frost, but the tail is still in!!

Photobucket
OK, seriously, that frosty??

Photobucket
Hehes. Cute

I was surprised to see that his tail was still in, which probably means that when he was at Dad's, it was the other horses pulling it out for him. Well, at least now it's staying in. I managed to halter him and pull him away from his food and bring him inside to go for a good workout today. Seeing as I wasn't working today, I had lots of time to do a really good work-out on him.

Once we got in the barn, I tied him up and got to grooming and tacking up and once we were ready to go, headed into the arena for a work-out. He warmed up nicely with the walk/trot and once he was warmed up, we did some more work on the long trotting, just getting him to stretch out fully with his legs, neck and back. Again, he was wonderful while doing that, but then we had to go down to one end and stay there while Brenda was working some Reining circles with her 2-year-old. And since they had a round pen at that end of the arena, I didn't have much room to work in.

Photobucket
Dollar's not sure about this...

And then I got a great idea to work him on his side-passing and turning on the front. Yeah, it was a good idea that I had decided to wear my spurs earlier. Lazy Man was definately being lazy and didn't want to move his fat arse, so he got hoofed by my spurs a couple times for some good reminders.  Once we had that down pat, we worked on some more trotting around and then called it a day.

Once he was untacked, I brought him back into the arena to do some rolling and he seemed pretty happy to be doing that. I think he laid down to roll a couple times, but he was also a slighty bit sweaty. Once he was done rolling, and he seemed cool enough, I brought him outside.


Photobucket
Looking for a place to roll

Photobucket
And....rolling

Photobucket
Look at that face!!

And this is where I love my horse. I was walking outside with him, but not holding him. He had his leadrope on his halter, but just walking beside me without me holding him. Ah....gotta love him.
Photobucket
Walking off without me

No comments:

Post a Comment