Dollar

Dollar
In Memory of Cee Kay Sash "Dollar" June 7, 1992 - June 8, 2012

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dollar's Moving!!

Well, moving Dollar to his new home today!

Got up around 5:30 in order to drive Keith to work this morning and then headed home to do devotions and clean up the house a bit before I had to go get Dollar ready for moving. Dollar was moving around 10, so I left the house around 9:00 as I had to run to work, grab my schedule and cheque and then go to my Dad's place and get him ready.

I got to the barn close to 10, so I ran to the back, grabbed Dollar from the holding pen, said good-bye to Reno (I'm gonna miss him) and got Dollar in the barn so that I could wrap him up. Well, it seems that his legs got extra hairy this winter, because I couldn't wrap them with my fleece and polo wraps! Fat leg boy. Lol. I decided not to wrap him because I couldn't fit them around his leg and just left him as is.

Photobucket
Dollar eyeing me and my plan

Photobucket
Fuzzy whiskers!!

Then I grabbed some of my stuff that was there (my polos, show blanket) and brought them to my car. That's when Sam came home. I went in the house and told her that I was moving Dollar because of all the stress and tension at the house. She just shrugged and didn't look too surprised. Then she started asking me if I had this, and if I had that. Wow, wasn't expecting that out of her. Then I went downstairs with her and she was checking to see if there was anything else that I needed to take with Dollar.

Then I looked outside and Saskia's trailer was here, so I ran outside and she had already beat me to the barn. I quickly went to check to see if I could get him out of the pen with the people gate, but the chain was frozen shut. Oh well, that just means I have to walk Dollar through the tack room. So I grabbed him and promptly walked him through the tack room. Saskia took him to the trailer so that I could run and let the rest loose for water and grab my Western saddle and blanket. Once I made sure that I had everything, I put my stuff in my car and told Saskia how to get back to the main road. Sam said that she'd come with me (I'd regret this later) and she was going to take her own car. So I hopped in my car and followed Saskia to the barn.

Once we got to the barn, we unloaded Dollar and then tied him up inside as I wanted to ride him right away (hey, gotta make use of the heated indoor arena!!). I went back out to my car to grab my saddle, bridle and grooming box and got to work cleaning him up. Once he was all ready to go, he was sniffing my tea that I had picked up this morning and was wanting some. Silly horse. You don't need coffee!

Photobucket
Dollar wanting some of my coffee

Photobucket
All ready to ride in the heated indoor arena!!

We had to wait outside the door though for a bit because they were doing some video work inside, which only took a couple minutes. Once we got inside, I hopped on and started out first actual workout in a couple months. Or so I thought.

It turned out that Dad had called Sam while I was hopping on Dollar about something and she told him that I moved Dollar there. Well, of course he got mad and called me twice before I felt my phone ring (it was in my over-sized sweater pocket) and proceeded to bitch me out for moving Dollar. Excuse me? Yes, I didn't tell him before hand because I knew that he'd try to change my mind, but still. I make all the decisions regarding Dollar and I do with him. No one else, especially not my Dad. And then we went on a rant as to how he's done this for me and that for me and gloating  all the stuff that he's done for me. That's great an all, but still, my horse. And then, to make matters worse, he started calling me ungrateful and selfish. Seriously?? Wtf?? So I was basically in tears over this whole thing and the entire time I was on the phone with Dad, Dollar was just walking around in circles calmly, just like the gentleman he is. Sigh. I love my horse.

So, after I was done with Dad on the phone (and not realizing there'd be more to come), I continued walking Dollar around for a bit and then called it a day. I was just pissed off as to what happened with Dad and I know that no matter what reason/excuse I give, it won't be good enough.

Once I had Dollar out of the ring, I untacked him, brought all my stuff to the tack room and put it in it's new place (and where Sam can't get it!!) and brought Dollar out to his new pasture to meet his new buddies. And he looked happy to be there as he promptly wandered to a pen beside him to get food. Lol. Always thinking with his belly.


Photobucket
Settled in his new home

And then more drama started on the way home and when I got to Natalie's place. Apparently Dad had called Natalie and told her that I moved Dollar. Wtf? Why do you have to tell everyone what I did?? Fxck. So I talked with her for a bit and then Dad called me up and gave me more shit. Seriously, it's old and done already, leave it alone. But no. And then he said that I'm the reason (what I did today) that it makes harder for him to get back together with Mom. Wtf? Blaming me for your problems. Great way to guilt trip me. And then he threatened to disown me and then said that he 's no longer talking to me. Wtf? All because I moved my horse?? Messed up for sure. I didn't say anything, just basically crying because I felt like shit, and knew that for sure, Dollar was not going back there. I know my Dad and he does this just so that he can get his way. Dollar is my horse and I make the decisions regarding him (so does Keith money-wise), so he is staying there.

When I picked up Keith later from work, he asked me how Dollar's move went and if I had told Dad. I gave it to him in a nutshell and he said that he wasn't surprised at my Dad no longer talking to me because he's that controlling. He asked me what I told Dad as my reason to move Dollar and I told him what I said. He said I should've just told him for the indoor arena. But I told him it wouldn't have been good enough. I know I did the right thing and it's my Dad that looses in the end.

I'm happy where Dollar is and so is Dollar. That's all that matters.

1 comment: