Dollar

Dollar
In Memory of Cee Kay Sash "Dollar" June 7, 1992 - June 8, 2012

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

January 2011 Goals Assessed and February 2011 Goals

Ok, right now my brain can't think, but here's my January 2011 goals assesssed and my new ones for February.

January 2011 Goals:
1) Complete 3 items on the 101 list:
PASS! I actually did manage to do this! I ended up completing #41 (Take 1 really good phot of each horse and frame) (did this back in fall), #42 (Teach Dollar a minimum of one trick), and #70 (Clean bridles thoroughly). Woot!! Seeing as it is winter here, the list gives me a bit more time to do some stuff indoors. Lucky me!
2) Start a riding program to start getting Dollar back into shape
FAIL. To put it bluntly, it was just to DAMN COLD! Seriously, we got 1.5 ft of snow in one day and an entire week of -40*C. Not riding weather. At all. I'm hoping for better weather in the coming months.
3) Ride at least once a week
Kinda Pass. Like noted above, it was friggen cold outside this month. I did manage to get a couple rides in on him, but I really do need warmer weather (or an indoor arena) to ride him more. It's quite a bit of work for him to go tromping through the snow all the time.
4) Find something for his joints
PASS! I found some MSM stuff for him that I'm gonna start putting him on. I've found that it's helped before, so we're gonna go back to it. Luckily right now, he's not showing any signs of stiffness or soreness in his joints, but we're just gonna be on the safe side. I need him around for a long time.

February 2011 Goals
1) Look for a new place for Dollar to move to
2) Complete 3 items on my 101 list
3) Bring saddle home to clean
4) Start getting back into shape

No comments:

Post a Comment