Dollar

Dollar
In Memory of Cee Kay Sash "Dollar" June 7, 1992 - June 8, 2012

Monday, February 7, 2011

Big Changes Coming....

Sigh. I'm so not a happy camper as to how I had to make this decision. And at the same time, I'm super excited!!

After my fiasco with my Dad yesterday and talking with my Mom about it, I was trying to decide whether or not to move Dollar away from my Dad's place. It's not that I don't love my Dad, but with my parents split, and my Mom no longer living there, the tension is getting high and I don't deal well with that.

So I'm making the decision to move Dollar. I had posted on Face Book last night that I was looking for a cheap barn around my area within easy driving distance. A little while later, S, who owns Richland Ranch (where I got Dollar back from) asked me what price range I was looking at. My price range is pretty low, around $100/month because I only work part-time and help pay for everything else. S said that she's get back to me by Monday.

She got back to me Monday and made me a REALLY GOOD DEAL! Basically, I could have Dollar there on outdoor board for $100/month as long as I help out with chores 5 times a month. And I get access to everything! Outdoor arena, heated indoor arena, wash rack, tack locker, he gets to come in for bad weather, and I get to hitch a ride with them to shows! Seriously! Woot!

Of course, I had to pass this by Keith and after discussing it (and basically telling him that I no longer want to go down to my Dad's place), he let me make the final decision. So I opted to move him.Yeah!! So our plan is to move him on Thursday (I'm not working).

The only hard part is that I'm not telling my Dad. Otherwise, he'll try to convince me to keep him at home and try to control what I do with my horse. I'm done with that. I make the decision regarding Dollar and no one else (well, except for Keith, he has say too. He's in charge of the $$$).

Can't wait for Thursday!!

5 comments:

  1. I think you're making the right choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dom. It wasn't easy, but I know it's the right one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad he's getting out of there. Way too much drama there as of late... Dollar and you are much better off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies. Hopefully everything will settle down now that he's not there anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I wish board near me was $100 a monht. That would make things so much easier! lol. I hear ya about the divorced parents- it's no fun dealing with that. Especially if you are caught in the middle.

    http://www.kshai1715.wordpress.com
    A Barrel Horse Learns to Jump

    ReplyDelete