Dollar

Dollar
In Memory of Cee Kay Sash "Dollar" June 7, 1992 - June 8, 2012

Thursday, March 17, 2011

When 19 Is The New 2......

Well I managed to hitch a ride with my Dad out to the barn today to play with Dollar. Seeing as i can't ride and the barn has the round pen up, I decided to free-lunge him today just to get him working a bit. So once we got to the barn, I went outside to grab Dollar. Well it turned out that he didn't like me for clipping him last time and decided to start walking away from me. He was by the pen when I saw him and by the time I caught him, we were almost by the feeding spot at the other end of the pasture! Old Man....

Once I had him caught and haltered, I brought him into the indoor arena, put him in the round pen and got to work. He was moving around pretty good at the trot, but was being pretty lazy. Sam came over to take some video of us and when I asked him to lope, well, he let out a huge buck and kept acting like he's 2!!



So yeah, I was laughing at him, but also slightly not impressed because he knows better. At least he doesn't do that while I'm riding him. I kept him going around for a while and just switching up directions on him. Near the end, I could tell that he was getting tired. So I took him out of the round pen, tied the lead rope to both sides on his halter and took a walk over to where Sam was sitting while she was watching Dad ride Sue.

We stood there for a bit, talking with Sam and then I decided to put him away. At this time Dad was done his workout with Sue, so I kicked Dollar back outside and waited for Dad to finish bathing and putting Sue away.

I swear, Dollar thinks somedays that he's 2 and can geta way with it. Sigh. I do love my Old Man. At least he knows how to make me laugh, even if it's bucking when he shouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment