Dollar

Dollar
In Memory of Cee Kay Sash "Dollar" June 7, 1992 - June 8, 2012

Monday, March 14, 2011

Clipping Time!!

So since our last ride, I've been contemplating clipping Dollar as he is pretty hairy and worked up quite a sweat just walking in the arena for 1/2 hour. And after I was done cleaning the barn today, I brought him in from outside and then and there proceeded to clip him. He has like a foot of hair on his, which is ridiculous by the way and I'm going to dread when he starts shedding. And as I had a limited amount of time, I decided that I was just going to clip his neck and leave the rest for another time.

Photobucket
Hairy beast before......

Once we were all set up in the cross ties and had found an extension cord (there's no plug-in for clippers in the boarder's cross-ties), I got to work on him. He eyes me a little and then just relaxed as he realized that I was just helping him not be such a hariy beast. I had realized that I couldn't just use the bare clippers because he has so much hair, so I had to use the 3mm guard. That seemed to do the trick, but even then, it took me almost an hour to clip just his neck. I'm so glad that I didn't decide to do a trace cip. Can you imagine how many hours that would take me??

After I was done, I took a step back to admire my handiwork. And he didn't look too bad. Just different as I'm not used to seeing him clipped like this.
Photobucket
Hairy beast after! (Sorry for the bad quality. this was taken on my phone :( )

No comments:

Post a Comment