Dollar

Dollar
In Memory of Cee Kay Sash "Dollar" June 7, 1992 - June 8, 2012

Monday, March 28, 2011

Dollar's Home!!!

Yes, Dollar's going back home. After much discussion with Keith about money and future (now that I'm expecting), we decided that it was best to move Dollar back to my Dad's (hopefully it will be better this time around) just to save on money and time driving out to see him.  So I had e-mailed Brenda letting her know that Dollar was leaving sometime this week (Saskia was in Germany) and she said that was OK and that she understood.

So then Sam called me today and said that we were going to pick him up today. So I grabbed my stuff and headed out to Dad's place to grab the trailer so that we could head out. I got to the house shortly before Sam got there and then we proceeded to hook up the trailer. Turns out that the trailer was in quite a bit of water, so it took a couple tries to get the truck hooked up. Once we were able to get the truck and trailer out, we got out of the parking spot and corral and then headed out to the barn.

Photobucket
The trailer swamp

Got there in no time, and I headed to the back to grab him. I grabbed his halter and then crawled through the fence to grab him and then decided to hop on his bareback with the halter and lead rope and just walk back to the gate. It was pretty wet back there, and I didn't feel like getting a shoer. Lol. So he stood patiently while I climbed on him and then we treked our way back to the gate, where Yvonne let us out.

Once we got back to the barn, I hopped off and took him inside, tied him up and proceeded to throw my saddle on him and carry the rest of my stuff. Once I had everything, I led him outside to the trailer, loaded him up easily and threw my stuff in there. Got home with no issues and were greeted by the other horses when we pulled the trailer into the coral (they were all loose for water).

I had to unload Dollar first before we could park the trailer because of where we had to park it. So I opened up the back doors and went to get Dollar out. Now Mars decided that it was his turn to hop in the trailer, so he started loading himself! Silly horse. Of course I yelled at him to get out, which he did thankfully. I don't need them fighting in the trailer with me in there. Once Mars was out, I let Dollar lose so that he could walk out of the trailer himself. I for sure wasn't going to get myself into him and the other horses while they were making acquantinces again. And, Mars being Mars, didn't want to let Dollar out of the trailer without inspection first. So of course, there was the general sniffing of each other and then the sqealing (not sure from who) about all this. All this time, I was yelling at Mars for being an idiot and to let Dollar out of the trailer.

Once Dollar was out of the trailer, the kids went tearing around the arena like crazy, so Dad said he'd park the trailer where it belonged. Good thing too, because it was still a swamp and I had no desire to do that myself. Once Dad had the trailer parked, I grabbed some pics of the kids playing around. And they looked like they were having fun.

Photobucket
"Ooohhh....who's here?"
Photobucket
Dollar wandering around

Photobucket
Apparently Reno was in a good mood :)

Photobucket
And then there's Mars. Sigh.

Photobucket
Dollar's plea of "Mom, HELP ME!!!"

Photobucket
Reno's moment of "Oh, hi Mom!"

Photobucket
And...they're off!

Photobucket
Tag teaming on Dollar

Photobucket
Mars: "I'm just following...I'm not up to anything..."
Dollar: "F-ing brat."

Photobucket
Mars: Ok, maybe a little nibble...
Dollar: Oh shit!

Photobucket
Apparently Mars is still the school-yard bully

Photobucket
Help me PLEASE!!

Photobucket
Mars trying to look as if he's behaving. All he needs is devil horns. Lol.

Photobucket
Who then saw his Mom and decided it was time to run away...

Photobucket
See??? I've been telling Sam to put him into Dressage. Look at him!

Photobucket
Looks like their playing tag, trying to catch Dollar.

Photobucket
Whee!!!

Photobucket
You'd think that by now, Mars would know not to piss off the Old Man.

After we were done with everything, I bid good-bye to the Old Man, just hoping that Mars wouldn't try to kill him too much. Sigh. Horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment