Dollar

Dollar
In Memory of Cee Kay Sash "Dollar" June 7, 1992 - June 8, 2012

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Walking, Walking and More Walking

So I decided to take Dollar for a nice 1 mile walk today. My destination? My neighbors about 1/2 mile away to see the Percherons. Once I got to my parents place, I got Dollar out of the holding pen (luckily no new marks on him) and got to tacking him up and then went on our way.

Photobucket

He did pretty good on the way there, but for sonme odd reason, he kept wanting to sniff the ground. And I found out why. There were some horse tracks on the ground and I guess Dollar figured that his new job could be a sniffer horse. Sigh, Old Man.

Once we got to our neighbors place, I headed to the back to see the Perchs. Our neighbors don't mind. But there was one thing that had Dollar totally stopped in his tracks and snorting a little bit...
Photobucket

Lol. Optical illusion?? Yup. It's actually the back door of the trailer painted to look like his two biggest Perchs are in there. And looks realistic!! It had Dollar doing a double take and backing up a little bit, going "Mom, WTF??"  I did get him past it, but he was snorting like crazy at it. Lol.

Photobucket

Made our way to the back and Dollar was happy to see them Perchs, but also being weird. I guess he thought that they were an optical illusion as well. Lol. The Perchs came running up and jostling each other to say hi to D. After a bit of time there, I turned him around and headed for home. And had to go past the big scary trailer again. Lol.
Photobucket

And now since we were on our way home, Dollar decided that he could speed walk. He did try trotting, but after getting in shit from me, he decided that he'll just speed walk all the way home. It turned out to be a good work out for him and gave me a chance to spend some bonding time with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment