Dollar

Dollar
In Memory of Cee Kay Sash "Dollar" June 7, 1992 - June 8, 2012

Thursday, October 21, 2010

An E-Mail Rant

Well, time to rant once again. Below is my e-mail that I sent to a club that I'm part of called CWHA and have a quite the time with. Notice the sarcasm? Anyways, here's the e-mail.
Hello,
I'm e-mailing your with a few questions in regards to the CWHA AGM on November 6.
My first question is: why all the changes to the AGM? In all my years in the club, we've never had to pre-nominate someone to the board and have it passed by an electing committee. I could see this being helpful in a bigger club, but for our size, it doesn't really make any sense. As well, in the past years, all the terms were a 2-year term, unless someone opted out.
Define a current curriculum vitae because some of us do not speak fancy english and have no clue what you want.
Why are we having a parliamentarian at our meeting? Can we not run the meeting ourselves without getting other people invloved?
Also (this is more a personal matter), I would like some questions answered for myself. I was very disappointed with the club after I paid my overdue fees that I did not receive an thank you email stating that you had received my monies and that my membership was reinstated. I'm interested in running for the board for website/newsletter, but I have no clue if I would be allowed to. The reason I'm bringing this up is because my friend (who we'll just call K) wanted to run for the 2010 board, but was pulled aside at the AGM and was told that she couldn't because she was in bad standing. All because her cheques got cashed at the end of the season and had an NSF cheque (which was from the beginning of the show season) that she took care of right aways. And know I'm not sure if the same thing will happen to me.
And also a question about the Finals: I've been hearing that saddles were pulled from Reining and Barrels, but there has been nothing said on the website or via e-mail about that. Many people are wondering why they were pulled with no answers. And why the ridiculous high fee of $140 A CLASS for the Finals. Unheard of. I've also heard that Swynar Tack Shop stepped up to the plate with saddles, but I haven't heard any thank-you's towards them.
I would really appreciate some answers as soon as possible, so that I can know if I'm going to be coming to the AGM.
Thank you
Jen Neufeld
I'll keep you updated with what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment