Dollar

Dollar
In Memory of Cee Kay Sash "Dollar" June 7, 1992 - June 8, 2012

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Reno's Fall 2010 Conformation Pics and Lunging Lessons

Yup, finally got around to doing Reno's conformation photos today. Finally!! Got to my parents place around 3 and headed out into the pasture to grab my boys. I was calling for them and of course Dollar just came walking up to me, leading Reno!! Lol. Grabbed both of them and brought them up to the barn and got Reno cleaned up for his conformation photos.



Once he was all cleaned up, I got my sister and brought Reno out onto the lawn (praying that my Mom wouldn't kill us). And he was awesome!! Except the evil grass taht was distracting him. Sigh. Have a good look :-)














After we were done with the photos, I let him loose in the arena to get some action shots, he didn't really feel like moving around because Dollar was still tied up to the fence and that's where he wanted to go and stay. But I did get one good shot...

After I caught him, I put him on the lunge rope because I currently don't have a lunge line right now seeing as it got destroyed. And went to see how he would do. To the left he was actually pretty good. He's pretty used to voice commands so I was using that while lunging him, and also had to whip for a little bit of encouragement. He was good that he didn't try to pull too much while going to the left and even got him loping a little bit.
Then we went to the evil side: the right. He didn't like this at first, so I just walked him around to the right for a bit until he knew what I wanted and then slowly let out the rope. He was pulling quite a bit, but I think he might have been a bit confused or something. He did work pretty good with the voice commands and once he was moving nciely, we called it a day.
Reno lunging

Oh, and video!!


Yup, he's coming along nicely.

1 comment:

  1. Reno's looking really good Jen! (Of course so is Dollar but you knew that) hopefully you'll be able to get him a bit calmer and get him working nicely for you again

    ReplyDelete