Dollar

Dollar
In Memory of Cee Kay Sash "Dollar" June 7, 1992 - June 8, 2012

Monday, January 24, 2011

Winter Ride

Finally got my lazy arse out to go see Dollar today. It was such a beautiful day, I couldn't really pass it up ;-). I got to my Dad's place around 10:00 after running some errands and quickly ran to the back to grab Dollar.

Photobucket
Sue

Photobucket
Ponies!!

Photobucket
Dollar eyeing me

 I managed to get him out of there without the other horses getting out as well. I let him go around for a while before grabbing the whip to get him moving so that I could get some awesome photos!

Photobucket
Trudging through the snow

Photobucket
Lope-y!

Photobucket
The water donkey that he is

Photobucket
"Run away from Mom!!"

Photobucket
More lopey

Photobucket
Trotty!!

Photobucket
Looking at me asking if we're done

After he was done trotting around, I went up to him, attached the barrel reins to his halter, climbed up on the fence and hopped on. We did some walking around and then moved up into trotting because of all the snow that was outside. I even got a couple moments of a floaty trot! Yeah! He seemed full of energy today, so I kept him trotting around the ring and then got a brilliant idea.

I've been trying to get him working on his straight lines, but you can't really see them to well in the sand in summer. And so since it's winter out, I decided to try this again and then we could see how well we were doing. Wow, our first couples lines down centre looked like we were a drunk sailor. Lol. And I knew exactly where he was wanting to turn because he was eyeing his food. So when we went down centre again, I kept my outside leg (right) on him and then kicked him good in the shoulder when he tried to that. It seemed to work and then we started getting straight lines down centre! Yeah, progress!!

Oh, and of course, had to take some photos while riding. Lol.


Photobucket
Doll-face

Photobucket
On our walk workout

After I was done riding (about ½ hour), I hopped off and put Dollar into the barn to give him a good grooming and work on his “no” trick. He had quite a few icicles hanging off of him, so I went to work scrubbing all of those off and he was loving every minute of it.

Then I went to grab some grain and work on his “no” trick. He didn't seem to happy about it at first, but then he realized that if he co-operated, he got treats. Smart one. Lol.


Photobucket
The fat Moose


Photobucket
The begging face

Once we were done in the barn, I kicked him back outside and spent a couple minutes loving up Reno. Kelly's coming down in about 3 weeks to ride, so I'm guessing I should probably ride him soon. Unfortunately, I had to go pick up Keith when he was done work, so I'm gonna leave Reno for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment