Dollar

Dollar
In Memory of Cee Kay Sash "Dollar" June 7, 1992 - June 8, 2012

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Riding Indoors

Not much to do today. Not working today, so I was thinking of going to ride around 10:00, but then it started pouring and didn't stop. Sigh. Then Sam called me around noon and asked if I wanted to go riding with her at an indoor arena located about 20 minutes away. I said sure and told her to pick me up when she was done work.

She stopped by around 2 and ran a couple quick errands and then headed home to get ready. Mom had the truck so we had a bit of time to get the horses ready. I was thinking of taking both Dollar and Reno, but we had limited time seeing as we also had my niece's first birthday party at 6. Sam got Pretty ready and I headed out to the pasture (yes in the pouring rain) with a grain bucket to get Dollar. I got to the fence line and just shook it calling his name. I saw him come barreling through the bush leading Mars and Reno. I took one look at Dollar and laughed while I called him Fatty McFatso. He's got a huge grass belly! Yup, he's enjoying being outside 24/7. I managed to get him out of the pen without the other 2 getting out and quickly ran over to the barn. Brought him outside to get out of the rain and started getting him ready to go ride. Got him saddled up and then put a winter blanket over him to help him dry up a little.

Mom got home shortly after we were done getting ready, so I grabbed the truck, hooked up and loaded up the horses and took off. Got to the indoor arena that we would be riding at, unloaded and quickly hopped on. It was almost 4:30 by this point and we had to leave by 5:30 in order to make it in time for the birthday party. So I hopped on Dollar quickly and got to warming up. His breathing wasn't the greatest today, so we were just going to stick with walking and trotting. That grass belly doesn't help anything!! Lol.

He was behaving quite well and just doing whatever I asked him to. I was also watching out for Sam as this is her last chance to get Pretty ready for Reining finals this weekend. I worked with Dollar on getting our marching walk and also some extended trots. Got him to do some cantering as well, but he also had it in his mind that we could fast. Needless to say, we had a discussion about that. Lol. Sam stopped me so that I could watch her work her Reining circles and see how she was doing. And since I had my camera with me.....



Yup, got video!! Mwhahahaha! :-)

Anyways, after she was done her circles, I put Dollar back to working his trotting circles and then Sam wanted to work some sliding stops. She couldn't do much because the ground was very soft and Pretty doesn't have much stops in her. We figured about 10 before she quits. So she worked her stops while me and Dollar went around the perimeter. And then Dollar got it in his mind that we were doing sliding stops. Oh silly boy, we don't have sliders on!!

Near the end, I got Sam to take some video of me and Dollar working our circles a bit....



Not too bad, Sorry there's no sound though. Apparently my camera doesn't have sound (it's a photo camera with video on it). We still have lots of work to do. We also worked some of our half-passes while Sam was cooling down Pretty and then we loaded back into the trailer. We were running behind, so we quickly zoomed home for the birthday party.

Till next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment