Dollar

Dollar
In Memory of Cee Kay Sash "Dollar" June 7, 1992 - June 8, 2012

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ponying the Boys

So once again I decided to risk my life. Went down to my parents place to go ride the horses and decided that I was going to ride Dollar and pony Reno. I haven't ponied Reno before, but I know that Sam has so I decided to try it out today.

Got there and saw that the horses were near the fence! Yeah!! Don't have to walk out there to get them!

Mars (left) and Dollar (right) with Reno in the bush
Dollar's "but Mom...." face. Lol.

I quickly grabbed both Dollar and Reno, got them out of the pasture without Mars following us and brought them up to the barn. Tied them up and went to grab my western saddle so that I could tie Reno to it and not worry about him. Quickly got them groomed and tacked up and of course had to grab a picture of my two boys.
Reno (left) and Dollar (right) ready to go

Brought them out of the arena and the hopped up on Dollar and just prayed that Reno wouldn't throw any shit today. Never know with him. Headed down the road for a short 2-mile hack. And it actually went OK!! We started out just walking and getting Dollar used to ponying Reno. No problems there. And the best part????? I even got them jogging together!!! Except Reno couldn't make up his mind while we were walking. He wanted to walk, but Dollar walks slower than him, so Reno would lag behind and then trot to catch up to us. Silly boy.

Dollar (left) and Reno (right)

Reno's cute little head

Once we survived the 2-mile hack and made it home (alive!!) I untacked them and proceeded to put them away. And I got a surprise when we got home. Mars was loose. Seems that he was lonely and decided to jump a barbed wire fence (and yes, I keep asking to switch out the barb wire. Way too dangerous). Checked him out and he seemed fine. As I was putting my horses away, I saw this.....

Dollar licking the fence

Yup, Dollar licking the fence. No clue why he was doing that. I guess just being himself. Sigh. Got them (all 3) put back into the pasture, but had to chase Mars around for a little bit. He decided that he didn't want to go into the pasture and got away from me. Managed to trick him into coming close to me by rubbing some dried grass together and that got his attention. Such a difficult horse. Got them all behind the fence and then called it a day.

I SURVIVED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment