Dollar

Dollar
In Memory of Cee Kay Sash "Dollar" June 7, 1992 - June 8, 2012

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easter Ride (Somewhat)

We went down to my Dad’s for supper and got there early enough that I could get a quick ride in on Dollar. So I made sure that V was fed and then ran to the back to get in a quick ride. Gave him a quick grooming, tacked up, hopped on and did some work at the walk/trot with some collection and bending in there to mix it up for him. I tried to get him to canter a bit, but he was dragging his lazy but, so I decided not to push for it. He was being really willing, so I was just happy with that. After I was done riding, I gave Madison a ride and had to bargain with her to get her off. She’d stay on her horse all day if she could.


Once I got her off, I decided to do some ground work with Dollar, making him do his showmanship stuff, but without me holding him. And good thing I had my crop with me as he needed some reminders about what I was asking him to do and being stubborn about it. He was being lazy when I asked him to jog beside me, but after a “reminder” all of a suddenly we remembered what we were supposed to be doing. Same thing with the pivoting. After a couple minutes of doing this, I had him beside me (without me holding him), going up and down the arena, doing what I was doing, when I asked him to do it. Yeah!

Good Citizen Pony Training has commenced. J

No comments:

Post a Comment