Dollar

Dollar
In Memory of Cee Kay Sash "Dollar" June 7, 1992 - June 8, 2012

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Work-out and Video!!

Well, today turned out to be a busy day. My sister picked me up close to 10 am so that I could watch her kids while she rode her horse at my parents place before she had to work at noon. The nice thing about this arrangement is that once the kiddos were down for a nap around 1, I could go ride my horse.


Once my sister was done riding, I had a couple minutes to quickly go grab Dollar. So I grabbed one of the 4-wheelers and tried to get it going. It decided not to start. So I tried the other one and couldn't get that one going either. So I just resorted to grabbing a bicycle and cycling over to the pasture. Could tell that I haven't done that in a while. My legs were KILLING ME!!

When I got to the pasture, I couldn't see the horses anywheres. Oh oh. And Dollar wasn't coming when I called his name (sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't and decides to make his mom worry). So I went and checked out the bushes. I finally found them (trying to hide on me), grabbed Dollar and headed towards the gate. Thankfully, this time Mars didn't follow us. Once I got Dollar out of the gate, I hopped on him bareback with halter and lead rope and made the trek home.

I was a little apprehensive to see how his feet would do since his barefoot trim last week, but they held up nicely. He was being a little picky as to where he was walking, but he always it. He actually prefers walking in the ditches than walking on the road, so that's where he always heads to. Silly boy.

Got him home and threw him into pasture with the other horses until I could ride him once the kids go down for thier nap. Once the kids were down for their nap, I went out to grab Dollar and decided to take a video of him lunging so that you can see how he moves. He moves a little stiff, he is 18 after all, so I'm trying to keep stretching him out and finding some supplement stuff to give to him to help him with that issue. He looks pretty good lunging, just being his stubborn old self and moving slowly.


Once we were done lunging, I tacked him up in his English again and worked on some simple Dressage stuff, basically working on our half-passes and straight lines. He warmed up pretty good and was doing some decent half-passes, but he was not very willing to move his butt very fast. I had my spurs on and even that wasn't encouraging him. I actually hopped off at one point to find the whip, but couldn't find it anywhere's. I have a feeling that Sam left it somewhere. Oh well, that just means that I go and buy my own. Mwhahaha.

Anyways, Dollar did pretty good during our work-out, but I could tell that he needed to go for a hack soon. Unfortunately with the kids sleeping inside, I couldn't leave. But luckily, I have a couple day soff next week that we can go for hacks and we're also going for a trail ride with my friend Kelly next Saturday, so that will definitely brighten him up.

After we were done our work-out, I put him back out in pasture and went inside to check on the kidlings.

No comments:

Post a Comment