Dollar

Dollar
In Memory of Cee Kay Sash "Dollar" June 7, 1992 - June 8, 2012

Thursday, July 11, 2013

1 Year Later....

I know I'm late posting this. Life with a toddler is anything but slow! Serisouly, as I'm writing this, Violet's sitting in my lap, eating chips and listening to Veggie Tales on iTunes.

It's been over 1 year since I let Dollar go. Over a full year. Violet's birthday, Christmas, what would have been his 21st birthday. Sigh. Feels like forever some days and other days feels like it just happened yesterday. There's still a hoof-shaped hole in my heart and I don't think it will ever be filled in.

Violet keeps pointing at pictures of him (I have some of him on my walls and as my background on the laptop) and keeps asking "Who's that?" Breaks my heart to tell her that that's her horsey who's with Jesus right now. I know he would've been great for her and for the other kids.

To top of some of the pain, I found out that the property that my Dad bought is 5 miles away from where Dollar is buried. Sigh. At least when I drive out there, I can make a quick pit stop to see his grave. Need to go out there again an put some more flowers.

Miss you so much Old Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment